Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 27 July 2009

1256 'Misty Mountains'


14" x 7" oil on Masonite 
Katy and I drove out the other day to Sultan in WA to see if we could find some interesting buildings and scenes and we stopped at one point and I looked towards the mountains and saw this scene, it was a very hot day and there was just a strip of wild flowers or maybe rapeseed left in the field in front of the house. I had a piece of board that was just the shape I was looking for, it was great to use a different format for a change.

3 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

Wow- this is epic!
I hope you're thinking of painting the fabulous scene you're using as your banner, too... amazing. We've about dried up and blown away down here in Texas, so seeing all that water makes me happy.

r garriott said...

Marvelous colors...what a great scene you've captured.

LeAnn Whitacre said...

I really like this - especially the burgundy colored tree. The whole mood of this painting is scrumptious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...