Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, 18 July 2009

1253 'Lin & Dave' nfs


8" x 10" oil on canvasboard
This is quite a 'tight' portrait of some friends of mine, the ref photo wasn't the best quality, taken at night with a flash, so I had to improvise a bit. I have been working on it all week and feel rather lost now as what to paint next. I really hate it when I get to the point of not having any more inspiration. I have painted a couple of paintings lately that won't be published on this blog they were so aweful I'm not kidding either, no false modesty here, real disasters!
Just bought a bunch of acrylic paint on ebay, which arrived in the post this morning which I may try out. Most of my old acrylic paints are somewhere in Spain in storage, by the time they see the light of day again I'm sure they will have dried up completely. That's my excuse for buying a brand new set anyway!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...