Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 15 June 2009

1246 'Roses on the Roof'


12" x 12" oil on gessoed board

This tumble down building or maybe is it a shed, was next to the barn from my previous painting. It looked so pretty covered in pale pink rambling roses, I am guessing its a wild rose as I have seen many around here blooming at the moment. The wood of the building had mellowed over time into this silvery grey with just the hint of its original colour here and there. The thought that this painting might end up looking a bit 'kitschy' did cross my mind,

5 comments:

SYLVIANE said...

Diana
,this barn is so charming with those delicate wild roses, and as I can see you paint a lot!
I have to apologize, you've leave a nice comment on my blog, I answered, and by error, I erased your comment!So, don't be offended, of course it was undeliberated.

Avocaken said...

Hi Diana. First, thank you for dropping in on my blog the other day.

These barn/building paintings are beautiful and even without any camera "memory". :-) (Digital cameras drive me nuts.)

Ken B.

artbyakiko said...

Hi Diana! This is such a peaceful painting with beautiful roses covering the old house. I also love "Red Barn". It's stunning.
Thanks for checking out my kitty paintings. :)

Gwen Bell said...

This old building has such rustic beauty and your roses give it a poignant life vs death feeling. So glad you captured it before it falls and is gone forever.

Silvia Williams Paints Watercolors said...

Beautifully painted barn. Love the delicate flowers. I love to paint barns, too. Thanks for going to my blog. Silvia Williams

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...