Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 18 June 2009

1247 'A Road Less Travelled' SOLD


8" x 10" oil on canvas panel 
This is a scene somewhere along the road leading out of Monroe, it was so still and peaceful with only the occasional automobile passing through. I noticed the patterns of light and shade on the road surface and the whole scene in it's simplicity appealed to me. However photographing my painting proved to be more difficult. The shadows look very blue, on my painting they are much grayer. I have adjusted the colours the best I could and this is the result!

4 comments:

Deb Schmit said...

Thanks for popping in Diana. Your work is lovely. I especially like your Irish landscapes.

Diana Marshall said...

Thanks Deb, but my landscapes are actually in your country! In Washington in the countryside 2 hours east of Seattle. Ireland doesn't have such lovely red barns.

Gary Keimig said...

Wow! Diana, Hadn't checked up on you for a while and here I find you are painting America[Washington] beautifully. Very nice. Love your greens. They are very
Washington like.

Amanda Carder said...

Wow, I love this painting; it reminds me of so many walks I have taken with my family. Talk about a painting taking you some where!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...