Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 14 June 2009

1245 'Red Barn'



8" x 10" oil on masonite 
Yesterday my daughter and I drove out of Monroe on the way to Sultan, I spotted this beautiful old barn and 2 equally beautiful horses in the field in front of it. We both snapped away and got lots of good shots. Later at another beauty spot by a river after taking what I thought would be some more ref photos to paint I realized that there was no memory stick in my camera!! fortunately Katy had taken a few of the barn so not all was lost.
Anyway I got cracking today and painted this one after a lot of cropping and fiddling till I decided on this composition.

2 comments:

L.Holm said...

Those darn memory sticks!
This is beautiful. Love the tin roof and the light on the bushes in the foreground. wonderful work, Diana.

LeAnn Whitacre said...

Very nice. There are lots of old barns around here in Kentucky, but I rarely get to stop for any great shots. You did a great job. I especially like the rust on the roof.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...