Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, 27 June 2009

1248 after 'Ecstasy'


14" x 18" oil on canvas 
This is a painting for the web-site 'Following the Masters' the original 'Ecstasy' is by Maxfield Parrish and is a much larger painting. This is my rendering of his painting, I loved painting the clouds with all their subtle tones, and the blue of the sky I created through several layers of glazes, using french ultra marine and Liquin, as U.M. is a translucent colour it was quite hard to apply without forming streaks. With a lot of softening and blending I got there in the end. I used a very limited palette to complete this project and enjoyed immensely the whole painting of it.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow Diana...this is breathtaking! Beautiful work. Thanks for participating!

Carolann said...

Hi, I am waiting for a library book on this artist, one I have no knowledge of before now. Hopefully I will get a chance to take part. Well done on your rendition of this one.

Gwen Bell said...

Oh my goodness...this is fantastic! You found those illusive glowing purples and golds that are his trademark. Really wonderful work!

Edward Burton said...

An amazing job, Diana!

Angela Elledge said...

Hi Diana - This is absolutely lovely. I love the strong contrast between golden oranges and the brilliant blues, well done!

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog; I appreciate it very much! Take care.

Cathyann said...

I almost did this one...can't do better than this! Beautiful Diana!
thanks for your kind words on my blog.

Kristina Dimitrijevic said...

Great job, it glows!

Susan Carlin said...

Wow, Diana... there's just not anything you can't paint well! The clouds are resplendent.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...