Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 1 July 2009

1249 'Boating' SOLD


8" x 10" oil on masonite 
This is my painting for the 'Different Strokes from Different Folks' blog . I thought that this would be quite an easy one, my first two starts got wiped off and then I started again on a new panel and after I had got the basic drawing right the painting of it flowed quite well. It is probably not a subject that I would think to paint myself and that is the beauty of the challenge, making one paint subjects out of our comfort zones.

6 comments:

Angela Elledge said...

Wonderful painting, love the reflections in the water.

Edward Burton said...

Yes, I completely agree with Angela - great job, Diana.

Linda Wilder Daily Painting said...

nice job Diana, I must go paint mine and I just wanted to say thanks for all the lovely comments you left on my posts!

maria said...

Lovely time of day, so calming!

Ann Rogers said...

You've captured the hazy light tones that Karin mentioned, well done!

dominique eichi said...

Great piece for DSFDF I struggled with mine. Love your reflections.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...