Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 24 May 2009

1238 'Pennsylvania Landscape' SOLD

11" x 14" acrylic on canvas board

This is another one for Karin Jurick's challenge blog DSFDF. We were given a black and white photo to work from and could use any colours.
I covered the board with crumpled tissue paper first, stuck on with gesso and then I painted it red, when that was dry, off I went. I think that there will be some very different paintings arising from this challenge, interesting to see everybody's ideas. It was nice to use acrylics again and I enjoy the fact that they dry so fast and you can dry brush very quickly over a base colour and make changes easily with almost no waiting.

7 comments:

L.Holm said...

beautiful! I love the texture that you got with the tissue paper. gorgeous colors!

Ann Rogers said...

Diana, what a great entry, love the yellow in the sky, very unexpected. Lucky you for being able to see one of Karin Jurick's shows...what a treat that must have been!

Gwen Bell said...

Wonderful entry! Love the red ground showing through, the thick texture and your color choices, particularly the blues and purples. Very vibrant...great job! Going to have to try that tissue paper step. Love the results!

maria said...

I like the transition from the blue to green to yellow as you go to the distance. Lovely!

Glenda Mosher said...

What a lovely painting! What an interesting technique for texture.

dominique eichi said...

great color palette and it has a great richness to it also. NIce job

LeAnn Whitacre said...

I'm glad you included your process on this one - I'm new to painting, and have learned something new from every artist's blog that I visit. The crinkled tissue paper and your choice of colors gave this painting a real dream-like quality. Very nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...