Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 18 May 2009

1237 'Madison Avenue' SOLD


14" x 18" oil on canvas 
This scene was posted on 'Different Strokes From Different Folks' for anybody to paint.
Well I have to say it was a real struggle and it almost ended up getting thrown out! But I decided to soldier on.
I can see so much wrong with it, when I thought I had finished, I showed it to my daughter who asked me whether the taxi on the left had a puncture and on looking at it I realized it was completely wonky, I was going to leave it but decided it would annoy me too much. How I didn't notice it myself I don't know, anyway the darn thing is as finished as it's ever going to be!!!

14 comments:

r garriott said...

A challenging subject. I rthink you did a better job than your believe.

Jim Remiyac said...

Diana, I struggled with this one too. Half way through the painting I decide to take the cross street out on the right hand side. I think you captured the scene very well.

Debbie said...

Diana, I think your NYC painting is wonderful, one of the best!

Lori Forester said...

Your painting is amazing. We all see every little fault with our own work and yet others never see the little nit picky stuff the artist despises. I think your painting is one of my favourites so far.

Edward Burton said...

It turned out great, Diana!

Phillip G Holt said...

Your painting look wonderful, very acurate depiction, and good colors. I like the reflection of light on the two forground cabs. A fresh, eye trained or not, can always spot obvious errors. I like to look at my work in a mirror which helps to catch errors.

Anne Marie Propst said...

I am lol because I see it as one of your very best works. Love it.

maria said...

I like the reflections on the taxi windows and how realistic the image is.

Michelle said...

Wonderful job Diana! I have a blog award for you.

Cheryl Ratcliff said...

Hi Diana, It was nice to have you visit my blog, I've been busy painting, but haven't kept up so well on following blogs. Looks like you've been busy too. I think this painting turned out really well.

dominique eichi said...

I think you did a great job, Your taxis are terrific. the highlights on the windows a wonderful.

Diana Marshall said...

Thank you all for your positive comments, although I didn't enjoy painting this one as much as some of my other paintings.

I guess one has to paint subjects that are difficult and out of ones comfort zone to learn and aquire new painting skills.

Glenda Mosher said...

I think we are our worst critics! I like your work.(Perhaps there is a man hole dip on that side of the street!)This is a wonderful version of a scene I found very difficult.

L.Holm said...

This is a wonderful version, Diana! so glad you decided to persevere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...