Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Howard/Mandville Gallery


A HAPPY ART DAY

Wow, what a wonderful day I have just had! I drove to Kirkland near Seattle to the above gallery where Karin Jurick has a number of her paintings on display, I was completely blown away by her paintings and to see them up close and beautifully framed was absolutely an experience I will never forget, it makes such a difference to see the paintings in person so much better even than the best photograph of them, to see every brush stroke and color nuance just amazing.

The whole gallery was in fact filled with the most beautiful paintings and sculptures, it was an absolute delight, I know that I will keep going back as I can't get enough of seeing such beautiful art.


My daughter and I then went on to the B.F.A. graduation show at Cornish Art College, where her boyfriend Brian's art work was displayed then we all went to the Seattle Art Museum and spent a happy afternoon perusing the many wonderful paintings there, especially The Indian Paintings by George de Forest Brush which were absolutely breathtaking.

4 comments:

Dana Cooper Fine Art said...

Lucky, lucky you...I'm jealous!!

Susan Carlin said...

Oh I wish I could have joined you on this excursion, Diana! How grand.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those great moments with us all. I am told Seattle is a superb city.
Love from Christel

L.Holm said...

oh my gosh, I am envious! How wonderful to see Karin's work close up! What a treat. Sounds like a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...