Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 17 April 2009

1228 'Jo' NFS


8" x 10" oil on canvas board
This is Jo my 8 year old grandson, I managed to get a ref photo in an unguarded moment when he was playing with some other children at the park. He has such a very pale skin that it has been really difficult to get a usable photo to work from. I had to darken the background for some contrast.
Jo is the chattiest little boy that I have ever known and is full of silliness and giggles so posing was out of the question. Still I prefer natural poses anyway, I just had to catch him when he held still for a second!

3 comments:

L.Holm said...

You've captured his skin tones beautifully! And his restless nature. I also love the highlights on the back of the hair, and reflected blues under the neck area. Really accomplished!

sam said...

The lights are fantastic and lovely subtle skin tones-good job!

Susan Carlin said...

I can't believe it's been so long since I checked out your new work...You've been BUSY! This portrait is terrific. Just luminous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...