Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 19 April 2009

1229 'A Companion of Diana'




6" x 12" oil on stretched canvas


This is one I painted for another challenge -'Different Strokes from Different Folks' the brain child of very talented artist Karin Jurick.

The marble sculpture was sculpted by Jean-Louis Lemoyne, titled 'A Companion of Diana', commissioned by Louis XIV in 1724. Diana was goddess of the moon and of the hunt, this nymph is one of Diana's companions, with her hound. This sculpture belongs to the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC.

4 comments:

dominique eichi said...

lovely piece, I like the colors you used

Gwen Bell said...

Really like your vivid color combination. You did a very nice job on the figure!

L.Holm said...

Nicely done. I like the vivid background, too.

maria said...

I like the sence of volume and shape you were able to achieve. Nicely done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...