Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 27 March 2009

1222 'Narcissus'


14" x 18" oil on stretched canvas 
This is a painting I have just finished for the painting challenge on Following the Masters blogsite set up by Michelle Burnett. The original painting is by John William Waterhouse and is in the pre-Raphaelite style. The original is many times larger than my effort and I would love to see it in person and really get a feel for it and see how it was executed.

4 comments:

Michelle Burnett said...

Hi Diana, You did a beautiful job! Thanks for participating!

James Parker said...

Diana, I came here after admiring your superb Waterhouse rendition from Michelle's "Following the Masters" You are very talented, indeed. I invite and hope you will visit me, and also to check out the Windows to the Words "cute children" project for this month. The coffee's on.

Diana Marshall said...

Thanks Michelle for your positive comments, I enjoyed painting
'Narcissus' I love the paintings of the pre-Raphaelite era so this might be a painting that I will keep for myself.
Thanks James for your compliments too. I have just finished painting one of your 'cute children' just got to take a pic and you will have it for your blog.

Anonymous said...

I love this one, the muted colours really convey a sultry, summery feel. Also the flowing of her skirt is captured really well. Great painting! Liza xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...