Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, 29 March 2009

1223 'Smiling Eyes' SOLD


6" x 8" oil on canvas board 

Here's a painting of a sweet little tousled haired boy with the most beautiful dark eyes. I painted this for another painting challenge web-site called Windows to the Words by James Parker and can be found on http:windowtothewordsart.blogspot.com.

After spending a lot of time on the last 2 paintings I decided to make this a fast one, to see how quickly I could get a reasonable likeness and finish the painting. It took me aprox 3 hours yesterday, but of course I couldn't resist tweaking it this morning!

4 comments:

James Parker said...

Beautiful, Diana. I named your piece,"Smiling Eyes"...if you want another name, let me know. And you are linked...Thanks so much for your participation. Superb artwork.

L.Holm said...

Very sweet. You did a lovely job with the WTW challenge.

Marie Fox said...

Diana, this painting really captures the boy's beauty - and a special fleeting moment when he's connecting with the viewer. I think it's difficult to portray subtle aspects of personality, but you did so in this fine portrait. Hope you're enjoying Ireland! Marie

L said...

i loved your paintings, but this is wonderful. Congratulations !

it is so real and "simple" and i appreciate works like this. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...