Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 2 January 2009

1206 'The Thinker' SOLD


8" x 10" oil on gessoed panel
Just loved painting this one and I tried to stay loose. Looking for more reference photos of people wearing hats so I can paint a series of paintings, haven't found too many interesting ref. photos yet. I got a new camera for Christmas from my dear ones and now I need to figure out how it works when I can concentrate properly on it.
We will be moving in a couple of weeks so my mind is not as focused as usual on painting.
I will be in Washington for a while with my daughter and will lug as much painting gear as I can with me.

2 comments:

Amanda Carder said...

Don’t ya just love painting cowboy hats!!! I love this painting. It reminds me of a few of the boys I dated in high school!! Or maybe it’s just an embellished memory from so many years passing!! Lol
Regardless,,, it’s a terrific painting that makes you start day dreaming!

Diana Marshall said...

Thanks Amanda,yes he is rather cute! lucky you, keep on day dreaming.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...