Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, 15 November 2008

'Long Shadows' (available)


This is this weeks painting for 'Different Strokes from Different Folks' It was painted mostly upside down, a very weird experience. This was a much more challenging exercise than I had expected but I learned a lot which was the whole idea of it. To see more takes on this painting go to the blog listed under my favourite artists.

2 comments:

Bill Brauker said...

Nice work on this one, Diana. I am working on my version now.

heather said...

Did you ever see that book "Drawing on the right side of the brain"? That was one of the exercises, and it was brilliant practice for the eye/brain relationship.

You picture here reminds me of Edward Hopper, the way the light strikes in sharp angles and contrast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...