Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, 18 October 2008

'Liza in Black & White' NFS


11" X 14" acrylic on gessoed panel
I started a larger painting on Thursday which needed to dry before I could carry on so on Friday I started this one and finished it after midnight then it was too late to photograph.
Well this one is very different to what I have done before, I thought that I needed a change, and I had such fun painting it and I am really pleased with the end result. The challenge for me was judging value, and as acrylics dry darker it wasn't always easy, but after a lot of squinting I got there.

4 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

Omigod, Diana! How wonderful. That hand! In ACRYLIC. However did you manage? My attempts at using acrylic were curse-fests. I bow to your mastery.

Carol Schiff Studio said...

What a lovely painting you have here. The hand is to die for! You may have inspired me to try something in black and white. Bravo!

dominique eichi said...

Black & white seems to be your nitch. Bravo

Pat Burns said...

Wow! This is stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...