Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 16 June 2008

'Dusk' (available)




8" x 10" oil on gessoed board


------------------------------------------------------------------------


I decided to do this painting with a painting knife in oils, apart from using tons of paint, it was quite a challenge and different from my usual daily paintings, I like using a knife with acrylics as they dry fast so you can get loads of texture quickly and put layer upon layer and control the blending of the paint layer underneath. I'm not sure whether I like it or not as all the colours blended more than I wanted, I'm undecided.
I have also posted one of my larger acrylic paintings so you can see what I mean. Top image is acrylic and measures 19" x 24"

2 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

Wow! These are so different from what I've seen of yours before. Beautiful! It was so fun talking with you today Diana.

Bonnie Mann said...

Nice palette work, Diane. I would like to see more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...