Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Friday, 16 May 2008

'Wild Lavender' SOLD



8" x 10" oil on gessoed panel 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my second painting for today. I fancied something that was a bit easier than a portrait and I have had the reference photo for this one for a while. It was a clump of agaves in the mountains where I used to take my dog walking and in the winter and late spring the whole campo was awash with wild flowers, from tiny Iris, sweet peas, thistles, gladioli, orchids and many others I don't know the name of. I was surprised that in such a barren and hot area so many plants can grow, as even in the winter it rarely rains (not like England) and these lavender clumps do very well among the rocks although they don't have a strong scent.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...