Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 19 May 2008

'Sisters' SOLD


8" x 10" oil on gessoed board
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am really enjoying painting children on the beach, all taken from reference photos I have shot just for this purpose.
These two sisters, I watched while sitting on the beach, being interested in all the inter-actions between the various children.

3 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

Hi Diana! Your skill with figures is just terrific. Once I moved out from the figures to take in the whole painting, I'm stuck trying to make out what the three dark objects in the background. Give me a hint? I like the cool value behind the heads and what it does with the composition.

A Painting A Day by Diana Marshall said...

Hi Susan,
Thanks for your comments, the background is a stone wall above which is a walk-way with the base of two palm trees showing, should I leave those out or extend the wall hight, what do you think does it distract from the main subject?

Veronica Funk said...

I really like this painting just as it is...beautiful job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...