Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, 6 May 2008

'Pomegranite Blossoms' (available)


6" x 8" oil on gessoed panel $65 +$12 p&p
---------------------------------------------------------------------
My internet has been off and on all day and I have been trying to post this blog without much success up until now, anyway this was an interesting new subject for me to paint.
The most trouble I had was trying to find or make a light red, when I added white to the mix of course it went pink so I'm stumped as to how to get the tone I wanted.

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

Hi Diana! The shadow you painted behind the pomegranite blossoms is very effective. I know what you mean about lightening red with white making a pink. I've been trying some additional reds lately to have a variety. Plus, try lightening with various yellows like lemon yellow or naples yellow. Or try cad red light if the red you're lightening is alizarin crimson. Can't wait to see a portrait here! Thank you for your great comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...