Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 21 May 2008

'Mojacar Fiesta' (available)


6" x 8" oil on gessoed board  


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Spaniard on horseback was part of the annual Moors and Christians fiesta in the village of Mojacar. The parade starts when the sun is going down and lasts several hours. This handsome rider posed for me so that I could get some good photos, unfortunately the light was not very good because of the time of day and he had his back to the mountain, but in spite of that, I think that I managed to get quite a few usable pics. The evening ends up with the inevitable loud bangs and lots of fireworks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...