Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, 1 May 2008

'Garrucha Boats'


24" x 18" = 61 x 46 cms acrylic on canvas $250 + $25 p&p
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the painting I started two or three months ago and never got around to finishing.
So I thought today I would take time out from my daily paintings and get it finished at last.
I don't like painting a picture over such a long period as I lose momentum and forget want I wanted to achieve so I'm not sure whether or not it's OK but at least it's out of the way.

6 comments:

Cheryl Ratcliff said...

Diana,

This is a really great painting, I like the detail in the boats and the reflection--definatly worth finishing. I really like your flower paintings too, especially the lillies!

Susan Carlin said...

This was a worthy project, for sure. Worthy of being finished... finally! I'm the same way- I lose momentum if I stop midway and find it hard to pick up again. Your boats with their shadows have such good, strong design. Did you have an objective in mind beyond finishing it? Will you put it in a show?

Doris Glovier said...

Beautiful painting. I think among your best!

Marie Fox said...

Diana - A really gorgeous painting. Love the subtle yet fresh colors, strong shapes, composition and feel of it. I can even smell the salt water. What a perfect way to celebrate your decade change! Happy Birthday from California! Marie

Delilah said...

So glad you finished it what a wonderful painting.

Rita Foster said...

I really like this one, the water is really amazing which is very difficult to paint I think.

p.s. thank you for the kind words you left on my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...