Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 14 May 2008

'Concentration' SOLD


6" x 8" oil on gessoed panel SOLD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started a bit late to paint today so I thought that I would do an easy one ha! not as easy as I thought getting the little lad's stance right and the very shallow water at Mar Menor but I got there in the end, with a lot of corrections and tweaking.

3 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

This has got to be my very favorite of yours yet, Diana! I can't believe you accomplished it in a 6 x 8!!! And, omigosh, are those really fish in the water..complete with shadows, or is my imagination on overdrive?
Please, please think about prints of this one. It's a triumph.
The shine of his damp skin is incredible and the way the light catches his ear... perfect.

Barbara Pask said...

Wonderful painting Diana, this is really sweet.

A Painting A Day by Diana Marshall said...

thanks Barbara, thanks Susan for your wonderful comments.
Susan I feel honoured to get such an accolade from somebody I consider to be my inspiration and role-model.

Thankyou a million!
P.S.
I'm afraid they aren't fish but little blips of darker reflection.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...