Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Monday, 25 February 2008

'Obos' (available)

11 3/4" x 9 3/8" - 24 x 30 cms oil on canvas board €65
I came across these interesting stones when I was taking my dog for a walk along the beach, somebody had carefully placed one on top of each other, there were quite a few of them. Fortunately I had my camera with me. I have seen these before, only inland. At one time I found an article on the internet about them calling them Obos, when I looked for information today I couldn't find a thing maybe I have the name wrong.
Anyway I am pleased with this painting and I enjoyed creating it too.

4 comments:

Cheryl Ratcliff said...

What a uniquie view. I really like it. The stones look so real!

dave said...

I wonder id you make your seas a tiney bit too intense and pure, I know it's not the North Sea! but in colour composition terms does the far sea advance a little and out d the stones?
just a thought but a real nice and unusual painting

A Painting A Day by Diana Marshall said...

Dave, I think you are right about the sea, I might just tone it down a bit so it receeds a bit it competes with the rocks.
thanks Diana

Debbie Miller said...

well this is right up my alley ;-)
love it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...