Welcome to my blog!
If you don't want to miss a thing - sign up for free posts & see my new paintings hot off the easel by entering your email address ( box in the right hand column).
Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, 9 January 2008

'Ship's Cat' (available)


8" x 10" soft pastel on pastel paper $99
-----------------------------------------------------------
Here's my first attempt at painting with pastels, I bought myself a small set in Germany at Christmas. Boy it's different from oils and acrylics, not easy, apart from the fact I'm covered in it, face as well, and I kept smudging it with my hand. I guess you have to get the hang of it, must read more on methods and techniques!

2 comments:

Barbie Bud said...

Hi Diana, First time visiting your blog. You do some very nice work. Lots of lovely paintings. Love the portrait of the little boy, all of them really. Keep painting. Stop and visit me. Barb

dave said...

would never know it was your first pastel, re pastels: they look so nice and colourful in the box but they are the dirtiest medium (after tar!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...